On Wed, 6 Oct 2021 at 18:02, Peter Friess <pk.fri...@t-online.de> wrote:

> Our application is huge. It is not straightforward to create a test
> example.  Let me respond to what you stated
>
> > This is the problem!!! You should be passing in *3* then the check
> would pass!
> How should I pass in 3?. All is done inside StreamingRenderer. It starts
> with
> StreamingRenderer.paint
> StreamingRenderer.processStylers
> StreamingRenderer.drawPlain
> StreamingRenderer.processFeature
> StreamingRenderer.processSymbolizers
> StreamingRenderer$RenderableFeature.getShape
> StreamingRenderer$RenderableFeature.getTransformedShape
> and then it calls
> LiteCoordinateSequence.cloneGeometry
> which then does inside this check and throws an exception.
>
> Means, I do not pass anything. Inside this sequence it uses the
> CoordinateReferenceSystem which it gets from SymbolizerAssociation. This
> CoordinateReferenceSystem returns as dimension 2 which then is used in that
> check. So, I do not pass a 2. It is all done inside StreamingRenderer. The
> CoordinateReferenceSystemis is created by CRS.decode(code), again not my
> code. As it is a UTM projection the dimension is 2.
>
> =>  when I create a 2-dimensional point -  new Coordinate(x,y) - all works
> fine.
>
> =>  when I create a 3-dimensional point -  new Coordinate(x,y,z) - and I
> do *NOT *load the features into memory;all works fine.
>
> =>  when I create a 3-dimensional point -  new Coordinate(x,y,z) - and I
> do load the points into memory -  DataUtilities.source(
> DataUtilities.collection(source.getFeatures())) - then the exception is
> throw as StreaminReader clones the geometry inside  getTransformedShape.
>
> There is a problem when the geometry gets cloned and when the Point is 3D
> but the CoordinateReferenceSystem is 2D. This did perfectly work in version
> 21.2. And it does *not *work in 25.2
>
> Shouldn't that be enough information  to understand the problem.

It very well might be but certainly I (and I suspect the other developers)
will not expend the effort in our limited spare time to look into this
issue if there is no issue raised and if we have to try to figure out a
test to demonstrate the issue. You might want to watch a couple of useful
videos that explain how this works - The secret life of open source
developers (
https://media.ccc.de/v/bucharest-322-the-secret-life-of-open-source-developers)
and Earning your support instead of buying it (https://vimeo.com/144089061)

Ian