approaches!!!!

From: Gep-Ed <gep-ed@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Stacy VanDeveer
<stacy.vandev...@umb.edu>

ATTENTION GEP-ed List Authors!

(PLEASE FORWARD AND REPOST AS NEEDED)

Today I write to encourage you to submit books you have published or released
during 2017-2018 for consideration for the Harold & Margaret Sprout Award,
which was established in 1972 and named in honor of two pioneers in the study
of international environmental problems. The Award is given each year for the
best book in Environmental Studies by the International Studies Association
(ISA), the world’s largest and most prominent scholarly organization dedicated
to international studies. The Award is sponsored by the Environmental Studies
Section, and is given to the best book in the field, one that makes a
contribution to theory and interdisciplinarity, shows rigor and coherence in
research and writing, and offers accessibility and practical relevance.

Nominated books should address some aspect of one or more environmental,
pollution or resource issues from a broadly international or transnational
perspective, including works in (for example) global, interstate,
transboundary, North-South, foreign policy, comparative or area studies.
Environmental subjects of books can include (for example) environmental law,
diplomacy, transnational activism, natural resource use, global change,
sustainable development, biodiversity, transboundary pollution control, and the
like. For a list of previous winners of the award, please visit the website of
ISA’s Environmental Studies Section at
http://environmental-studies.org/?page_id=545.

Nominated works must be published during 2017 or 2018. Books with a 2019
copyright date are welcome provided that they are released by the end of 2018
and review copies can be sent by the nomination deadline. Each publisher may
nominate more than one book, and books nominated last year can be re-nominated.
The committee members will begin reading the books as soon as they arrive. The
Committee must complete its review and reach a decision by Fall 2018; the 2019
award will be presented at the annual meeting of the ISA in Toronto on 27-30
March 2019. Therefore, we need to receive notice of your nominations and
receive copies of the nominated works by August 5, 2018. (Please note that
committee members are located in three different countries, which will require
appropriate shipping arrangements so that books reach us on time.)

Should you have a book or books you would like to nominate, please send one
copy of each book to EACH member of the Sprout Award Committee. The names and
addresses of committee members are listed below. Please include a note or
letter with the book(s) indicating that they are nominated for the Sprout Award
so that we can distinguish them from other books we receive.

Thank you very much for your nomination(s). Please contact me if you have any
questions about the award or the process.

Sincerely,

Prof. Jörg Balsiger & Prof. Stacy D. VanDeveer

Co-Chairs of the Harold and Margaret Sprout Award Committee

Current members of the Committee

Jörg Balsiger

University of Geneva, Institute for Environmental Governance and Territorial
Development

Uni Carl Vogt, 66 Boulevard Carl-Vogt

1205 Geneva

SWITZERLAND

joerg.balsi...@unige.ch<mailto:joerg.balsi...@unige.ch>

Tabitha Benney

University of Utah, Department of Political Science

Bldg. 73, RM 223,

332 S. 1400 E.

Salt Lake City, UT 84112

USA

tabitha.ben...@poli-sci.utah.edu<mailto:tabitha.ben...@poli-sci.utah.edu>

Stacy D. VanDeveer

University of Massachusetts Boston

McCormack Graduate School of Policy & Global Studies

100 Morrissey Blvd

Boston, MA 02125

USA

stacy.vandev...@umb.edu<mailto:stacy.vandev...@umb.edu>

Thomas Hickmann

University of Potsdam, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences

August-Bebel-Str. 89

14482 Potsdam

GERMANY

hickm...@uni-potsdam.de<mailto:hickm...@uni-potsdam.de>