Folks:

I have a sneaking suspicion this is a duplication of an earlier request,
but a search of the GEP-ED archive isn't revealing a thread on the theme so

I've been chatting with a couple of colleagues (Wayne Morris and Scott
Nicholson), who are involved with local community activities, and the game
design programs at Wilfrid Laurier, about simulation exercises designed to
engage people in climate action. How do local communities think through
their own activities but then, forgive the cliche, "take it to the next
level", either from municipalities up to national governments, or to larger
scale activities?

Our assumption is that there are at least some such simulation exercises
going the rounds, but it would be very helpful if you could let us know of
ones you know of, or have used, whether in teaching or community
activities.

As per usual practice on this list-serve please send me the response, not
to the whole group, and I will compile the answers and post them as a
single message a few weeks hence. However it would really help if you could
also copy my two colleagues on your message to me: fmor...@wlu.ca,
scott.nichol...@wlu.ca

(The backdrop to this is of course the new provincial government in
Ontario, with Premier Doug Ford who seems to be determined to replicate the
Trump playbook on demolishing regulations of anything environmental,
regardless of the consequences. Years of hard work by environmental and
climate activists are being rapidly undone by the Ford government and
effective responses are urgently needed.)

Thanks in advance.

Simon

--
Simon Dalby, Ph.D.
Professor, Balsillie School of International Affairs

http://www.balsillieschool.ca/people/simon-dalby
"GeopolSimon" on Twitter

Recently published, the official journal version: "Firepower: Geopolitical
Cultures in the Anthropocene" Geopolitics 23(3) 718-742.
https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/73dUqFfm9usduDkmfjRm/full