From: Luis, Sunrise <l...@sunrisemovement.org>
Date: Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 2:58 PM
Subject: [AESS_LIST] Student Opportunity under Covid-19 Crisis
To: <a...@listserv.ursinus.edu>

Hi all,

My name is Luis, and I work with Sunrise, a movement of young people
fighting to stop the climate crisis and create millions of good jobs in the
process.

Right now, as this pandemic sweeps our country, thousands of our students
are out of school and work, stuck at home. But instead of getting  trapped,
they’re seizing this moment to become the leaders we need.

If you know a student who cares about social justice, the environment,
politics, or their community, you'll be interested to learn about our new
national program to help students grow their leadership skills and fight
for a liveable future. We call it: Sunrise School.

Join us at Sunrise School: an online community where we're building the
skills we need to confront the crises we currently face. At Sunrise School,
students can:

- Build connections with other young people who are freaked out about
climate change, the coronavirus, and the state of our world.
- Learn about the crises gripping our society and how to confront them
- Take action together, while still social distancing

It's a great way for students to develop an interest in current events and
build a habit for civic responsibility that they'll carry with them for a
lifetime. Your students can sign up at sunrisemovement.org/sunrise-school

Today, we just kicked off our first course - "Green New Deal and
Coronavirus: a Crash Course" - with nearly 4,000 participants.

Please share this information about Sunrise School. They can sign up at
sunrisemovement.org/sunrise-school
Feel free to email h...@sunrisemovement.org with any questions! To learn
more about Sunrise, go to our website, or sign up for our email list at
sunrisemovement.org/join

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Luis Marchese
l...@sunrisemovement.org