FYI; this is a very good overview series of ocean pollution issues. wil

-----Original Message-----
From: Ecological Society of America: grants, jobs, news
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of J. Michael Nolan
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 5:02 AM
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Subject: Altered Oceans....5 Part Series/LA Times

Some may be interested.Thanks and have a good week.

Mike Nolan

Subscribers may be interested in the excellent Los Angeles Times=20
report "ALTERED OCEANS," a five part series on the "crisis in the=20
seas" by Kenneth Weiss (2006a,b,c,d) & Usha Lee McFarling (2006),=20
with photography and video by Rick Loomis at=20
<http://www.latimes.com/news/local/oceans/la-oceans-series,0,7842752.spec=
ial>,=20
or more compactly <http://tinyurl.com/hql49>. Click on "About this=20
Series" for information on the production staff.

A moderated discussion forum at=20
<http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/oceans/2006/07/welcome_to_alte.html>=20
contained 191 posts as of 06 Aug 2006 13:42:00-0700, including one by=20