  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert Darst
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 9:03 AM
To: GEP-Ed
Subject: Campus Sustainability Course

Hi all,

I have been dragooned into designing and teaching a course about
institutional/campus sustainability at Dear Old UMass Dartmouth. The basic
idea is to examine the nuts and bolts of moving toward a more sustainable
society (or not) by using the university, and its broader political,
economic, social, and natural environment, as a model. I imagine this will
involve lots of traipsing about to see boilers, trash, and recycling as well
as the activities of various decisionmaking bodies on campus (Look! There's
the Provost doing laps in the pool!)

Have any of you taught a class like this before? If so, I sure would like to
take a look at your syllabi, and to benefit from any other cautionary advice
that you might wish to share.

Thanks,

Rob

Assistant Professor of Political Science
Associate Director of the Honors Program
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth