On 09/10/2011 08:39, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
it has pid=p00kdr09. With the workaround suggested, AP (latest binary)
tags the m4a file, but only
PARTIALLY: The "Comment" and "©lyr" fields (in MediaInfo) contain only
the first word of the
description, i.e. "Were" (???).

Man, when it rains it pours. It appears that the embedded double quotes in tag values are causing the trouble. This problem is limited to Windows, naturally. I think what's happening is that Perl sees the embedded double quotes as shell metacharacters and hands off AtomicParsley execution to the Windows shell (cmd.exe). In that case, the embedded quotes must be escaped and the parameter value enclosed in an outer pair of double quotes to satisfy cmd.exe quoting rules and preserve the original value. Without the enclosing quotes, only the first word of the parameter value is interpreted as the tag value written to the file, which squares with your results. Maybe someone else with more Win32 Perl-fu can offer a better explanation, but that's what it looks like to me.

My inclination is to uniformly convert all embedded double quotes in tag values to single quotes, rather than implement some special handling for Windows. I'll post a patch to do that unless someone can tell me why it's not a good idea.