On Mon Oct 10 01:11:50 BST 2011, Andy Gascoigne wrote:

I've been watching the recent AtomicParsley exchanges with some ignorance,
but wonder if any of these recent changes has altered the way it tags
programmes for the 2.80 update (Windows)?

Previously it would concatenate the title as "show+episodeID" but now I just
get episodeID, even tho the show is correctly tagged under video settings

For example just prior to my update from 2.79 I got;

"BBC Weekend News - 08/10/2011"

whereas post U/G I get

"09/10/2011 "

which is a little vague.... can anyone shed any light on this?

Hi, Andy!
Version 2.80 of the script has introduced an enhanced tagging pattern to MP4/M4A files, different to the one in v2.79 (and with it came some incompatibilities, that are now in the process of being ironed out - see recent thread: http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-October/002063.html). This new pattern makes use of new (2.80 specific)
tagging options.
Since you are new to 2.80, it is a good thing to generate a copy of the revised "long help", by running the command:
get_iplayer --helplong > "[pathway of your choice]\Long Help 2.80.txt"
and then have a look at it in your spare time, for what's new...
In the end of this file lie the new tagging options...
Quick reply: To have the title written in a "2.79 manner", just add in your commands this option:
--tag-fulltitle
If you so wish to make this permanent for all your downloads, add it to your "user options" by running:
get_iplayer --prefs-add --tag-fulltitle

Greetings from "defaulting" Greece,
Vangelis.