On 23/06/2013 15:41, Kapitano wrote:
> I want to set the listformat to <nameshort> <senum> <episodeshort>.
>
> But the line in the options file "listformat <nameshort> <senum>
> <episodeshort>" produces a list of programmes all called "<nameshort>
> <senum> <episodeshort>".
>
> The line "listformat hello world" causes GiP to list all programmes as
> the string "hello world". "listformat pid,name" gives...."pid,name".
>
> The same happens using --listformat in the command line.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

As dinkypumpkin says, you have happened upon three of the fields that
are unavailable at the point of creating the list of programs.

Here is a list of the fields available for TV programmes when I run
get_iplayer, together with their corresponding values. As you can see,
by no means all of them are useful things that you would want in your
file name.

  available  => "Unknown",
  categories => "Children's,Entertainment & Comedy,TV",
  channel    => "CBBC",
  desc       => "Actors from the cast of EastEnders share their memories from
when they were 12.",
  duration   => "Unknown",
  episode    => "2. Eastenders",
  episodenum => 2,
  guidance   => "",
  index      => 1,
  name       => "12 Again: Series 3",
  pid        => "b01xvry7",
  seriesnum  => 3,
  thumbnail  =>
"http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/images/episode/b01xvry7_150_84.jpg";,
  timeadded  => 1369101616,
  type       => "tv",
  versions   => "default",
  web        => "http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01xvry7.html";,

Note also that the default format is something like

<versions>"

although there is no exact equivalent because the program omits fields
that are unavailable instead of leaving blanks. Also the default is
different for other programme types.

HTH,

Rob