Great news from Beebify is that we've just partnered with unBLOCKr.

unBLOCKr provides access to PlayRights for DRM-protected BBC-TV shows when you're outside the UK. Download with Beebify, get PlayRights with unBLOCKr.

unBLOCKr is now tightly integrated into Beebify. Just switch on unBLOCKr in Beebify's Welcome panel - set it and forget it, as traffic other than BBC-TV PlayRights requests is unaffected.

As a kindness to infrequent BBC-TV viewers, acquiring one PlayRights per day is free. Or subscribe for unlimited use.

But we'd like to invite get_iplayer people to come and test Beebify+unBLOCKr, so we've reduced this time limitation to 30 minutes - meaning that as soon as you've finished watching one BBC-TV episode, it will be ready to acquire PlayRights for the next. Enjoy this 30-minute special for the next week or two as we monitor the performance of this new capability (then it'll return to one-PlayRights-per-day, or subscribe for unlimited use).

As always, Beebify works in recent versions of the top-5 browsers, but unBLOCKr requires Windows operating system. Setting up and switching on unBLOCKr is as simple as clicking the unBLOCKr Setup button in Beebify's Welcome panel.

If you've previously recommended Beebify to friends, family or work colleagues, we'd love you to tell them about this new unBLOCKr facility. Firstly, that Beebify+unBLOCKr is simple to switch on and use, and that it's free for one PlayRights acquisition per day.

There have also been behind-the-scenes improvements to Beebify, all BBC downloads now constantly checked to remove those for which PlayRights are no longer available, and for adding new files to existing episodes. Simplicity and functionality are still our focus, and we still respect users' privacy by not requiring either email address or other form of signup.

We really hope you'll have a look at the new Beebify+unBLOCKr at http://beebify.com

Adam
Beebify's nerd team.