I've been trying to download a large programme (around 6GB) and it barfs at the 4GB point using win7x64.

I remembered I had this problem last year with some large Wimbledon programmes and the only solution that worked then was using a Linux installation (at that time Linux Mint-16 32 bit. Only problem is that the PC I was using then is no longer alive, so it's been a case of installing Linux (Mint-17.1 64 bit) onto a different PC. Oh boy, I now remember why I loathe Linux so much, it's like pulling teeth without anaesthetic..... :-(

I've tried to follow the installation instructions as closely as possible bearing in mind I might as well be reading Chinese but after umpteen iterations to download and install things that the system seemed to be telling me it needed, I'm still hitting a brick wall.

This is the output I'm getting on using the command line instruction
    get_iplayer --tvmode=best --get 493

get_iplayer v2.92, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis

This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.

This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain

conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:

493:Eurovision Song Contest: 2015 - 4. Grand Final, BBC One, Entertainment,Music,Pop & Chart,Talent Shows,Variety Shows, default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes

WARNING: Please download and run latest installer or install the XML::Simple Perl module for more accurate programme metadata.

INFO: Checking existence of default version

INFO: flashhd1,flashhd2,flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashstd1,flashstd2,flashlow1,flashlow2 modes will be tried for version default

INFO: Trying flashhd1 mode to record tv: Eurovision Song Contest: 2015 - 4. Grand Final

WARNING: Required rtmpdump does not exist - cannot download Flash audio/video

INFO: skipping flashhd1 mode

INFO: Trying flashhd2 mode to record tv: Eurovision Song Contest: 2015 - 4. Grand Final

WARNING: Required rtmpdump does not exist - cannot download Flash audio/video

INFO: skipping flashhd2 mode

INFO: Trying flashvhigh1 mode to record tv: Eurovision Song Contest: 2015 - 4. Grand Final

WARNING: Required rtmpdump does not exist - cannot download Flash audio/video

INFO: skipping flashvhigh1 mode

INFO: Trying flashvhigh2 mode to record tv: Eurovision Song Contest: 2015 - 4. Grand Final

WARNING: Required rtmpdump does not exist - cannot download Flash audio/video

INFO: skipping flashvhigh2 mode

INFO: Trying flashhigh1 mode to record tv: Eurovision Song Contest: 2015 - 4. Grand Final

WARNING: Required rtmpdump does not exist - cannot download Flash audio/video

INFO: skipping flashhigh1 mode

INFO: Trying flashhigh2 mode to record tv: Eurovision Song Contest: 2015 - 4. Grand Final

WARNING: Required rtmpdump does not exist - cannot download Flash audio/video

INFO: skipping flashhigh2 mode

INFO: Trying flashstd1 mode to record tv: Eurovision Song Contest: 2015 - 4. Grand Final

WARNING: Required rtmpdump does not exist - cannot download Flash audio/video

INFO: skipping flashstd1 mode

INFO: Trying flashstd2 mode to record tv: Eurovision Song Contest: 2015 - 4. Grand Final

WARNING: Required rtmpdump does not exist - cannot download Flash audio/video

INFO: skipping flashstd2 mode

INFO: Trying flashlow1 mode to record tv: Eurovision Song Contest: 2015 - 4. Grand Final

WARNING: Required rtmpdump does not exist - cannot download Flash audio/video

INFO: skipping flashlow1 mode

INFO: Trying flashlow2 mode to record tv: Eurovision Song Contest: 2015 - 4. Grand Final

WARNING: Required rtmpdump does not exist - cannot download Flash audio/video

INFO: skipping flashlow2 mode

ERROR: Failed to record 'Eurovision Song Contest: 2015 - 4. Grand Final (b05wplpd)'

I've run and rerun the latest installer and XML::Simple (I get XML::Simple is up to date. (2.20) but to no avail.

If I'd had a pointed head prior to all of this, it sure as heck would be well and truly blunted by now... Can anyone help please, in PLAIN ENGLISH?

Thx

Alan