On Sat May 30 20:10:17 BST 2015, James Daley wrote:

I routinely use the excellent PVR Manager

Hello...
Do you mean the Web PVR manager GUI,
that opens in a browser window (or tab)?

it seems unable to find "Revolting People"
even though it is in the cache

I never use the Web PVR manager myself,
if indeed it's about that, but when I fired up mine
(latest viesion, "get_iplayer Web PVR Manager v2.92,
©2009-2010 Phil Lewis - Licensed under GPLv3")
I did notice at first glance that by default
under the "Search in" input field only
"BBC TV" is ticked; "Revolting People"
being a radio series, maybe you need to also
tick the "BBC Radio" square so that it also
searches the radio.cache, too!
As Don said, if I search for "Revolting People"
under "Name" with "BBC Radio" ticked,
your show is quickly found and can be
processed further accordingly (e.g. "Queue"
saves the following one-off PVR Search:

Queuing The Following Programmes in the PVR
Revolting People: Series 1 - Storm Clouds (b007jrqj)

Queued: radio: 'Revolting People: Series 1 - Storm Clouds' (b007jrqj)
INFO: Saving PVR search 'ONCE_b007jrqj':
comment Revolting People: Series 1 - Storm Clouds (queued: Sun May 31 01:09:18 2015)
force 0
modes default
pid b007jrqj
subtitles 0
thumb 0
type radio

I know I'm not being very helpful, especially as
my OS is Win32, still it's hard to say what's wrong in your case
with the little info you provide...

Cheers,
Vangelis.