On 05/06/2015 13:38, tellyaddict wrote:
Grrrr, should have read M Clark's e-mail more closely... I *am* running
version 2.94. I forgot we'd had two updates in 24 hours!

I have a batch file that downloads the programmes on my list for each
day. I usually do a catch up check at the end of the week to make sure
I've not missed anything I wanted, fortunately the e-mail alerted me to
the problem early. Still don't know why my version 2.94 didn't pick them
up automatically but anyway downloading by URL did the job.
Springwatch Unsprung isn't broadcast on TV apart from the episode every
Wednesday. The rest of the Unsprung episodes are red button. Springwatch Extra
is also red button and I don't think red button content is in the TV Listings
feed that we are now having to use.

So at least for now these are going to have to be set off by PID or URL.

Until now my batch file has picked up the items:

set $textFile="F:\0-tvdl\tv.txt"
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('type %$textFile%') do get_iplayer --type=tv --tvmode=best --get %%a

I have a text file (tv.txt) that is a list of that day's programmes to be downloaded, e.g.:
==tv-0605-fri
==bbcone
"the box"
"pointless"
==bbctwo
"mary berry"
"kate humble"
==bbcfour
"pop go the sixties"
==

So the batchfile reads the contents of the textfile and executes the download where appropriate. The batchfile is set on a timed repeat (every x hours). Up to now it's picked up anything that's listed in the text file as needing to be downloaded. This time it's missed the items mentioned by M Clark. So, as you say, it's a PID or URL task now!

I used to use the PVR for most of my downloads but that clogged up entries that might only be used a few times (or even once) and, in any case, I sometimes found that, for some inexplicable reason, the PVR didn't download a programme in the list. So I use my batchfiles as, that way, I can keep better control of what's happening.

Regards

Alan