On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 10:40:01PM +0100, C E Macfarlane wrote:

> 1)    The OS  -  the OP was working with Windows, while all none of his
> respondents are.  It might be that Windows is less forgiving of attempts by
> one process to access a file that is currently being updated by another
> process.

File locking semantics are completely different on Windows compared to
Unix, and get_iplayer is written in perl, which has very much a Unixy
background. I've not looked at the code, but unless there's extra
special Windows sauce in there it might not work.

--
David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing

     I'm in retox