On Mon Jul 18 15:19:13 BST 2016, Simon Morgan wrote:
I also get this error msg (...cannot fork at line 331...) using the web PVR. However GetiPlayer usually runs for 2 or 3 days before this occurs. In v2.94the msg referenced line 281. It would be nice if this error could be solved as it means I cannot leave GiP running unattended for too long.

... Unfortunately, this is a known limitation on Windows OSes not likely to be fixed : -( For reference, here are links to previous Support Forum threads: (from 2013)
https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/thread-20-post-20.html
(from 2015)
https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/thread-429-post-429.html
https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/thread-438.html