On 12/08/16 09:05, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
On Thu Aug 11 12:43:55 PDT 2016, Clive wrote:

I am using v2.95 "out of the box" on a Linux Mint 17.3 computer
(snip)
My options are:
refreshexclude = BBC Three

Not needed anymore in GiP 2.95!
Please remove that!

search =
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/releases/iplayer/revisions/617463_618125_4/617463_618125_4_emp.swf)

Invalid - to be removed!

modes = flashaacstd

Is there a particular reason you've set this?
It limits you to 128kbps radio downloads,
using the troublefree (but deprecated)
RTMP streams.
In GiP 2.95, the default is the dashhigh
radiomode, which should get you 320kbps
radio downloads via the MPEG-DASH streams...

Just my 2p

Kind regards,
Vangelis.

Hello Vangelis

I'll make the amendments you suggest. The reason for flashaacstd is that I have used gip for a while and at one stage the default was not aac and that is what I then preferred. It worked, it still does so it is a legacy that has been ignored.

I did try dashhigh and it did seem to be much slower to download (though, of course, the file is larger). Before I make that change I need to establish whether my player will handle the format as I'd like to avoid having to transcode separately for files for the player.

Thank you for you 2p - worth at least double that!

Clive