From: David Cantrell
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2016 14:07

Asking for location makes no sense to me.

Ah, right, so just because it isn't helpful for your particular unusual
case they shouldn't do it.

It makes no sense for the purposes set out on the registration page because the iPlayer already has a much more useful facility to allow the user to select which regional or local programmes are to be presented regardless of location. In addition it makes a fairly good guess at location. As far as I am aware there are no regional or local television or radio stations which serve a single post code.