On 23/08/2017 03:26, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
>You can always (re-)tag the edited file afterwards...

Hi Vangelis

I have to confess my complete ignorance of tags.  I have often wondered if I generate my own ffmpeg commands, for example to convert a file to MP3 or to extract part of a file, rather than let get_iplayer do it using the example preset in the wiki to replace aactomp3, whether I am at risk of losing tags or metadata.  The reason for my concern is that there seems to be a lot of code in get_iplayer to process metadata, although I can't pretend to understand what it all does.  Am I worrying unnecessarily?

Best wishes
Richard

Please ignore on level of >. I have had great difficulty sending this message and I can't be bothered to edit it yet again.