On 05/03/18 12:55, MacFH - C E Macfarlane wrote:
Seems valid reasoning to me.

Some people may be misunderstanding the precise meaning of 'Carriage Return'.  I'm not 100% up on my telecoms history, but AIUI ...

This is a long-standing problem for any organisation that exchanges text files between systems using different formats. When I wrote interface formats I mandated that a receiving program will handle any permutation of <CR> <LF> in any permutation. It's even a problem for places that think XML solves all standards problems.

--

Bernard Peek

  b...@shrdlu.com