On 13/03/18 12:21, RS wrote:
On 13/03/18 12:06, I wrote:
I was pleased that Dinky implemented the --audio-only option because it can be can be useful for discussion programmes on a slow or metered connection.

Is there any way to force it to 128kbit/s?  I have just downloaded Sunday's Andrew Marr, b09w2zj2, with --tvmode=hvflow --audio-only.  I got a bit rate 317kbit/s and a file nearly three times as large as I wanted.

It seems I can get a smaller download with --tvmode=dvflow --audio-only.  I then get 94kbit/s.  I also get the SBR extension (HE-AAC v1) which I did not really want either since most of my players do not support it.

The answer seems to be --tvmode=dvfhigh --audio-only. That gives me 126kbit/s without SBR.