On 16/04/18 01:42, Alan Milewczyk wrote:
I'm with Virgin and my 200 Mbps connection has typically achieved download speeds of around 50 Mbps from the hlshd CDNs.

As quite a few TV programmes are no longer available in hlshd, I decided reluctantly to switch to the 50fps option so I can still get HD content. However, hvfhd downloads (using hvfhd1 CDN) are typically only achieving download speeds of around 20 Mbps. This, combined with the fact that the downloads themselves are double the size of hlshd, means that my download times are 5 times longer than hitherto! Not good! :-(

I have just downloaded two episodes of the second series of Salamander from hvfhd1/bi (Azure?) at 148Mbit/s. That is similar to the HLShd speed. It does vary with time of day, and can go down to 60Mbit/s.

Best wishes
Richard