Hi Richard

On 16/04/2018 15:27, RS wrote:

Speeds do vary enormously between CDNs and between modes and occasionally some programmes are slower.  In general I have found Akamai to be faster than Limelight.  I don't know about Bidi.

Yes indeed. I just downloaded two programmes on hvfhd2, one came through at 70 Mbps, the other around 35 Mbps. Up to now, I've found that Bidi is much slower than Limelight. I haven't yet tried Akamai, but will do so, in view of your comments.
Where I am (and I think it may vary geographically)

That's understandable.

I see that the latest version of get_iplayer has a two-letter code to identify the CDN without having to use --info --verbose

Yes, I noticed that, it's helpful.

Kind regards

---