On 13/07/18 17:35, Alan Milewczyk wrote:
On 13/07/2018 17:08, Dave Widgery wrote:
Hi
I have been trying to download trust me I'm a  doctor and failing,
from looking on iplayer it looks like only the signed versions are
available.

What is the command line option to download signed versions, I used to
know it but forgotten and haven't been able to find it in the wiki.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Dave

Just add   --version=signed to your command line.

If you want to know where you downloaded it when it was first broadcast, I have often thought download_history was a useful database of recordings. So far the only way I have been able to use it has been to import it into a spreadsheet.

I have now discovered

get_iplayer trust --history

gives a list of downloaded programmes with an index number (line number in download_history, not the cache index number).

get_iplayer <index> --history --info

then tells you the directory you downloaded it to and the date it was added to the cache. You can also use

get_iplayer --pid b09pvwmb --history --info

but that gives you a lot more information including the metadata and information about versions currently available.

Best wishes
Richard