On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 11:13:56PM -0700, r...@kells.com wrote:

> I noticed that today on r3 that the programme pids now start with 'm'
> and have reset, e.g. 'm00006p1'. In the past pids began with 'b' or 'p'

There are also PIDs out there beginning with w, r, and c.

> Just a curiosity, but anybody know why?

Each of the different initial letters corresponds to a different
authoritative source of unique identifiers. A new initial letter means
that there is a new Thingy generating PIDs. That letter being m probably
relates to the name of a piece of software internal to the BBC or to an
organisational unit of the BBC or the name of some third party whose
services they use.

--
David Cantrell | Bourgeois reactionary pig

You can't spell "slaughter" without "laughter"