> >> Can't download these - the streams do not exist.
> >
> > Just downloaded it fine here.

I am someone who pretty much exclusively uses get_iplayer for radio 4
programmes, mostly with the web interface but sometimes with the command
line, I use the default settings rather than specifying any specific stream
etc. It all seems to be business as usual here (and for others that have
posted since) so it looks like it may be something specific to the original
posters settings or the command used that was causing the failure.

Not to say that the new "sounds" front end won't cause changes to the back
end at some point that will break get_iplayer, but that was/is always the
case irrespective of the BBC's recent changes.

So, in answer to the question in the subject, nope, Radio 4 is not screwed.

Cheers

George