On 29/12/2018 15:58, Alan Milewczyk wrote:
On 29/12/2018 13:25, artisticforge Niemand wrote:
hello

I am glad the extraneous  updates has been fixed.
I have just noticed an issue with updating to get_iplayer-3.18.
in 2016 I downloaded,
Natural_World_2008-2009_-_9._Bears_on_Top_of_the_World_b00h37zc_original.mp4
given the years that  download_history was deleted.
In the past any attempt to download a programme from years ago again
the file would be found
and npt overwritten. This worked fine for me.
Today though this programme is downloading once again with change in
the file name.
Natural_World_2008-2009_-_09._Bears_on_Top_of_the_World_b00h37zc_original.mp4

in get_iplayer-3.18 episode numbers are being padded with leading '0' (zeros). How do I stop this behavior and go back to the get_iplayer-3.17 behavior?

Yes, I noticed this too, files are re-downloaded due to the change in filename (though not overwritten) when using a --force. It's a feature introduced in v3.18 and I really wish it hadn't been done. I guess there's a subroutine somewhere in the code for padding with leading zeroes but I haven't the patience to go looking for it.

I don't think the leading zeros have anything to do with it.  My file names are not having leading zeros added.  My understanding was that the first item in a download_history entry was the PID, and that was what was used to determine whether a programme had been downloaded before.  I do agree though get_iplayer (at least in Linux) is now only recognising download_history entries created by v3.18.  Any earlier entries are being downloaded again.

Best wishes
Richard