On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 12:33:26AM +0000, RS wrote:

> "The BBC, ITV and Channel 4 are already locked in negotiations to create
> a joint UK streaming platform made up of new content and their back
> catalogues, through a project known as Kangaroo 2."
>
> Does anyone know anything about it?  I found this.
> https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2018/05/10/ofcom-predicts-kangaroo-2-collaboration-between-uk-broadcasters/

The original Kangaroo was scaled back (it became Youview) because OFCOM
thought it was anti-competitive. Does Youview even exist any more? I
don't recall ever seeing it in the wild after I did quite a bit of
annoying work to publish programme information to it from the iPlayer
back-end.

Anyone willing to give up a little fun for tolerance deserves neither