> On 17 Jan 2019, at 13:52, MacFH - C E Macfarlane <c.e.macfarl...@macfh.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> Has anyone else managed to download any of episodes 1-8 of Life On Earth?
> And was it possible in HD?
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qjcmb/episodes/player

I looked at the BBC player site, entered Life on Earth in the search box, found
that there were 13 episodes dating 1979 (so probably not HD).

I picked  Episode 2 and noted the pid, and did:-

Ians-iMac:~ ianmcdonald$ get_iplayer --pid=b01qgr5f
get_iplayer 3.15.0-darwin, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
 This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
 This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
 conditions; use --conditions for details.

Episodes:
Life on Earth - Building Bodies, BBC Two, b01qgr5f
INFO: 1 total programmes

WARNING: A UK TV licence is required to access BBC iPlayer TV content legally
INFO: Downloading tv: 'Life on Earth - 2. Building Bodies (b01qgr5f) [original]'
INFO: Downloaded: 2199.27 MB (00:52:56) @ 32.89 Mb/s (hvfhd1/bi) [audio+video]
INFO: Converting to MP4
INFO: Tagging MP4

I may do the rest, but I have a lot of things to look at!

Ian