Please see below ...

On 21/02/2019 22:35, David Cantrell wrote:
On 2019-02-21 20:38, MacFH - C E Macfarlane wrote:

Currently, if you specify an --exclude option on the command line, it overwrites any exclusions permanently specified in the options file. Would it not make more sense that any exclusions specified on the command line are *added* to those in the options file?

A common idiom in other tools is to have something like:

--exclude blah     # exclude blah and *only* blah
--exclude +blah    # exclude blah in addition to anything else already excluded

Certainly, that would be ideal in giving us the best of both worlds.

Given that --exclude takes a comma-seperated list you can presumably do something like this as a work-around for the latter not being present:

get_iplayer --exclude blah,`get_iplayer --prefs-show|grep exclude|sed 's/.* = //'`

which will extract the relevant line from your config file and massage it into the appropriate format.

I do have Linux PCs set up, but currently I usually run GiP from one of two W7 machines, but thanks anyway.