There used to be an option for some of the HLS modes to replace the 128kbit/s audio with 320kbit/s audio. There is no longer any 320kbit/s audio for tv, so the option is being withdrawn.

I would imagine that a similar technique could be used to replace the 96kbit/s audio in dvfxsd with 128kbit/s audio from one of the 50fps modes such as dvfhd. As well as the higher bit rate, that would get rid of the HE-AAC SBR extension.

I have quickly skimmed the v3.23 code. sub get_stream_data at line 6269 which formats calls to sub get_stream_data_cdn at line 6155 appears to be relevant. I have not managed to find where it decides to download video and audio separately for DASH.

Has anyone else looked at it?