In article <6682de94-957d-ee10-3645-22f4d6597...@macfh.co.uk>, MacFH - C
Macfarlane <c.e.macfarl...@macfh.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Jim ...

> On 30/12/2019 17:34, Jim web wrote:
> > I'm having a problem with getting the most recent 'Sky at Night'
> > programme
> >
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00042l2
> >

> My normal procedure worked for that programme last night, the command
> given would have been :

> gip  --type tv  --tvmode hlshd,dvfhd,hvfhd,dvfsd,hvfsd,dvfxsd,hvfxsd
> "Sky At Night" -g

I've been wondering if something is odd about the actual pid.[1] One
difference above is your use of the name string instead. I'll experiment
later today to see what happens if I just use the --tvmod alternatives.
Sees odd though that this problem seems at present unique to the specific
program. Fetched some other programs this morning using my existing method,
no sign of problems.

That said, I've noticed over the last few days that the fetching rate has
halved! i.e. until the last few days I get transfer rates for video of
c60Mbps. This has become c30Mbps, which is curious.

Jim

[1] The problem made me wonder if I was misreading the pid because the
standard font on my copy of FireFox makes l L I and 1 all look much the
same to my imperfect eyes. However all variants were tried and failed. :-)

--
Electronics  https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm