Jeremy, MacFH

Thanks you both for your reply. As it happened I have a low-cost tablet PC (Chuwi 10-inch) which has never had Perl installed, so I just ran the straight install on that box and it worked perfectly. I've go another PC coming (replacement for a faulty one) so I can get the get_iplayer installed there and see whether MRTG then works as expected.

Very impressed with the software as it's downloaded 5 GB 2-hour programs without issue - albeit at ~11 Mbps over a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi link. The replacement PC has 5 GHz Wi-Fi so it /may/ be faster - other devices show 150 Mbps over 5 GHz....

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-tay...@blueyonder.co.uk