From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 1999 7:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: GGI using

Hi !

> when I start under root I've got normal behavior and error output:
> Under usual user I've got error output:
>       display-fbdev: ioctl(VT_GETSTATE) failed: Invalid argument
>       L/vtswitch: open /dev/vc/8: No such file or directory
>       Linux-kbd: Couldn't open TTY: Device not configured
>       display-fbdev: Unable to open linux-kbd, trying stdin input.

Do you run your programs from something like mc ? This usually causes that
problem. If not, please strace the program to see what call fails and why.

> Also gpm mouse is always on the screen.

This is the logical consequence of the above. If the linux console input
system can not be activated, the console cannot be put into "graphics mode"
which results in text still going to console (interfering with graphics)
and GPM being active.

> If I do not touch any key  or mouse there are no problems except one.
> Sometimes I can see text cursor blinking in down part of the screen.

Yes. Same reason as above.

> When I'm going to switch consoles my program is drawing over these
consoles.

Yes. This is again caused by not being able to attach to the linux-keyboard
system which takes care for consoleswitch handling.

> And also program completely loses parent console background.

Yes. Same problem.

> About vesafb. When I start Linux using vesafb on the same configuration I
> can not run my program in F2 mode as well as I can not run GGI demo
programs
> in the same mode or using virtual screen.

Yes. See my other mail about that vesafb cannot change modes.

CU, Andy

--
Andreas Beck              |  Email :  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>