You need to use mingw32.  I needed to stay away from using cygwin1.dll for
reasons.  However, the snapshot is really old at this point.  I have changed it
and added gii support, which I am debugging.  There are some things to be done.

    - I have to fix the 8-bit support.
    - Occasional trapping during initialization.
    - Verify keyboard mapping...

I also need to create an NT version.  The current version will only run on