> > Do the mouse events work in the GGI applications (the monitest uses the
> > mouse in the Flatpanel test for example) ?

> no, they don't.

O.K. - the mouse is incorrectly cofigured somewhere. Presumably in the
svgalib config files that are as well read by LibGGI.

> I tried Jon's suggestion and set the GGI_FBDEV_OPTIONS to -novt.

No. That will not help. It effectively disables Linux-specific support
for some inputs.

> This screwed things up even more, i.e. now the application doesn't
> react to events at all and I get a terminal writing over the application...

Yes. This is the expected behaviour.

> > This is done in $(prefix)/etc/ggi/input/linux-mouse, as documented in
> > lib/libgii/doc/inputs.txt .

> hmm. The file linux-mouse didn't even exist.

Yes. This is on purpose, as it normally autodetects, if no file is given.

> I created it and tried a couple of different devices. XF86Config contains
> the protocol 'PS/2', the mouse is a LogiTech.

O.K. - if it is a PS/2 mouse, it should work with the ps/2 driver.

> So I tried both, ps2 and mmanps2 (as suggested by the docs).
> My linux-mouse file now contains one line:
>
> mmanps2
>
> Still no success.

Um - you read the docs to the end, did you ? It expects

------ snip --------
mouse ps2
mdev /dev/psaux
------ snip --------

to be in the file. The latter entry can probably be pointed to /dev/mouse,
given a proper symlink.

> > > Also, I tried to install the kgi module, without success.
> > > The virtual consoles (beside the one running X) become essentially
> > > unreadable. Though the graphic card was correctly detected.
> > What card ? Maybe this is an unstable driver.
> the configure tool reports:
> 'ATI Mach64 GT (Rage II) found. Using VGA driver'

That means, that the card can be detected, but only the VGA driver
is available for it, which is pretty much useless for something like
Berlin.

Try using either the kernel-provided ATI-fb driver (it doesn't state
explicitly, though, if the Rage II is supported), or the kernel-provided
VESA driver.

If that doesn't work, you can still resort to XFree-DGA in order to get a
fullscreen-demo for Berlin.

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =