On Sun, 16 Jul 2000, Michael Shiloh wrote:

> does this mean that Matrox, in contrast to nVidia, _will_ release
> the driver source? or other detailed information?

Hmmm. I don't remember exactly the details, but Matrox simply required
some kind of simple "email adress register" for giving you access to most
of the G200 or G400 documentation. And the promise that you will not
directly disseminate information once it is given to you - I guess they
wanted to gather some info over developers interested in their hardware. I
found their policy pretty friendly and acceptable at that time.

I think I found the web-based registering form on their web site (around
the developer newsletter IIRC).

It may have changed since I was in contact with them, but I can testify
that they sent me a 9Mo PDF file concerning the G400 last summer. I still
have not read everything btw... ;-)

Rodolphe