On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Andreas Beck wrote:

> > I'm trying to write an freetype(2.0) - extension for GGI.
> > the problem is, that I've no experience in writing GGI extensions
> > anyone who likes to help me/explain it to me?
>
> I'll try to help you when I'm back. Meanwhile maybe Jon can give you some of
> my old code. Please don't give that to anyone before I have confirmed, that
> it actually is my code.

        I'll just wait until you are back and let you look at it first.
I should probably unpack the original source archives - I managed to
mutilate your nice clean code pretty badly by the time I was done |->.

> BTW: Writing a normal Lib (as opposed to an extension) should probably do,
> as I doubt, that there is much hardware that can accelerate the drawing of
> text further than accelerated blits from somewhere.

        There is.  I remember that the Savage4 could render stored font
glyphs with scaling, rotation and (IIRC) anti-aliasing.  It was all
Windows-specific in design.  This was a separate accel primitive from
normal 2D blits.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'