Andreas Beck wrote:

> 3. I assume you are using the beta 2.1 snapshot ? This one has a problem
> with properly programming timing for standard fbcon drivers (kgicon
> auto-negotiates timing).
> This problem can to my knowledge only be fixed by either upgrading or
> starting XGGI with the right resolution preset using fbset.
Nope. I run
fbset "1024x768" (this is a 24bpp mode -- everything is fine)
XGGI -indirect localhost
now my monitor switches to 640x400 (uups).

The mouseproblem was indeed a permition problem with /dev/psaux. Thanks.

And here another question: As far as I know kgi has to patsch the
kernel. Is kgi working with 2.4.0 kernels ? Has anybody tried ?

Thanks for help,
Peter
--
Peter Schrammel               "We shall meet in the place
UniBw-Muenchen 106/2/116         where there is no darkness"