Mr. Taylor wrote,

>  We do assume that readback is always possible and >consistent,

Jon,

Readback is consistent if getLength, getLine, and putLine are consistent (there's no
need to do a get on a drawLine since a drawLine is monocolor).

Who says these functions won't ever be hardware accelerated? A library as influential
and powerful as GGI could turn heads in the hardware industry.

As a user, these functions fit in quite well (the code fits in well too) with the
others.  No need to look around in other libraries. To me it "completes" (a la Jerry
Maguire) the set functions.

In short, why not?  I'll do the work.  GGI doesn't lose anything, it only gains.

No need to respond.  I know what the answer is. But that's my position and I'm
sticking to it.

>       LibXMI
I have only had a brief look at XMI. From what I have seen you have done a beautiful
job with it and I will certainly take a closer look at it.

All the best,
Lee