On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> "Jon M. Taylor" wrote:
> >
> >         I just committed a bunch of GGIMesa fixes to the Mesa CVS tree. It
> > _should_ all build just fine again, but I have weird libtool and autoconf
> > incompatibilities popping up which are preventing the final library
> > install so I can't test it over here.  If someone else could test it for
> > me, that would be cool.  Brian, I still have to merge those config file
> > patches you sent me - some of that stuff isn't strictly correct.
>
> Trying to build Mesa with GGI support, I get the following linking error.
> Since I'v seen a similar report on the GGI mailing list some months ago, I
> Cc it to the list, may be it is an obvious problem to some of you...
>
> The problem seems to be related to libtool, as the linker complains in the
> final link stage about:
>
> /usr/local/lib/libggi.la: file not recognized: File format not recognized
>
> (the file in question is indeed a libtool generated shell script).

        Yep, that's what I'm seeing as well.  I haven't been able to track
down the problem yet.  For now, I am hacking around the problem by
manually editing Mesa/src/GGI/libMesaGGI.la and changing the line that
reads:

dependency_libs=' /usr/local/lib/libggi.la -lgii -lgg'

to:

dependency_libs=' -lggi -lgii -lgg'

> I hope this is an easy to fix configuration problem, as I'm very eager to
> see GGIMesa in action on my /dev/fb :)

        I've spend several house trying to figure out what's wrong and
come up empty so far.  If anyone else out there knows the M4 script
systems better than I do, I could use a hand....

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
        - Scientist G. Richard Seed