On Sun, 12 May 2002, Andreas Beck wrote:

> > Hrm... is it me, or is this just wrong?  ggiFlush should flush the
> > entire virtual area, not just the visible area.
>
> Huh ? What sense does it make to flush (aka sync the visible representation
> to the logical one) invisible areas?

        Because it is a flush of the visual's whole encapsulated buffer.
The visible frame is actually just a representational adjunct, which might
change on the fly during a swift pan for example.  Suppose an extension
overloads the visible/virtual stuff with a different conceptual system,
like for example multiple 3d view frustums.  Now your code has to flush
multiple visibles which it doeasn't know about, whereas a region flush
will be handled cleanly and invisibly.  No?

Jon