On 18/01/13 15:25, Stephen Paul Weber wrote:
Somebody claiming to be Simon Marlow wrote:
Ok, new wiki page is here:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/CrossCompiling

Is:

Necessary?  I guess if the given tools are not on PATH with the normal
cross-compiling prefix?

Right, I didn't know that autoconf would automatically look for the tools as <platform>-tool. I'll update the docs.

Please edit away.  In particular I haven't investigated
cross-compiling with LLVM

That's a bit broken right now (since GHC doesn't pass through the target
to LLVM), but otherwise just involves having an LLVM that supports the
target on PATH.

Also:

cabal --with-ghc=<cross-ghc> --with-ld=<ld> ...

What does this do?  So far I've been careful to use a seperate
~/.cabal-blah directory to not entangle my two cabals.  Will it handle
things nicely?  Do you need to tell it where to find ghc-pkg, or will
--with-ghc work for that? Maybe I can switch to just a script/alias
instead of a whole config file :)

Ah, in my case the GHC I built was called ghc-7.7.20130116, so it didn't clash with anything else in .cabal. You could also configure your cabal to put the arch/os in the directory name.

Cheers,
        Simon