On 21/08/13 16:11, Ryan Newton wrote:
Hi all,

It is not merged into "master" presently but I would like to propose the
three new primops that are on the "atomics" branch for inclusion in 7.8.
  These are pretty much completely apart from everything else and don't
break any existing code.

For the public library that exposes these things ("atomic-primops") it
will be a great boon to be able to depend on them in  7.8 and not have
to wait yet another release cycle [1].

I skimmed the patches and they look OK to me (modulo the tabs).

Of course longer term we should have MachOps for the low-level atomic operations and get rid of the two layers of function call in these primops.

Cheers,
        Simon

Best,
   -Ryan

[1] P.S. 7.8 will already be a breaking change to atomic-primops,
because of the change in CMM syntax.  So if it has to be #ifdef'd
anyway, we might as well go straight to the Right Thing rather than
having a proliferation of intermediate hacks.

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Austin Seipp <ase...@pobox.com