Very much part of my plan, Johan! I was a fervent "+1" on that recommendation.

Ph.
?

________________________________
From: Johan Tibell <johan.tib...@gmail.com>
Sent: 06 October 2014 12:06
To: Holzenspies, P.K.F. (EWI)
Cc: ghc-devs@haskell.org
Subject: Re: Again: Uniques in GHC

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 11:58 AM,

- The export-list of Unique has some comments stating that function X is only
exported for module Y, yet is used elsewhere. This may be because these
comments do not show up in haddock etc. leading some people to think they're up
for general use. In my refactoring, I'm sticking the restriction in the
function name, so it's no longer mkUniqueGrimily, but rather
mkUniqueOnlyForUniqSupply (making the name even longer should discourage their
use more). If at all possible, these should be removed altogether asap.

Since you're touching this code base it would be a terrific time to add some
Haddocks! (We recently decided, on the ghc-devs@ list, that all new top-level
entities, i.e. functions, data types, and classes, should have Haddocks.)