On 14/11/2014 21:30, Brandon Allbery wrote:
On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Yuras Shumovich <shumovi...@gmail.com
<mailto:shumovi...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Here mask is used, but I looks completely useless for me. waitQSem
    itself should be called with async exceptions masked, otherwise there is
    no way to prevent resource leak.

    Do anyone know why mask is used here?

I thought QSem was known to be completely unsafe and
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/SafeSemaphore was recommended
instead, with QSem and friends slated for removal?

FUD! :)

I revamped it for 7.6 rather than remove it, it's safe and fast now.

Cheers,
Simon

In any case, there are probably leftover attempts to make it safe, yes.

allber...@gmail.com <mailto:allber...@gmail.com> ballb...@sinenomine.net
<mailto:ballb...@sinenomine.net>
unix, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure, xmonad http://sinenomine.net