On Thu, 26 Feb 2015, Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) wrote:

Hello,

To my experience, it is easy to install GHC to Linux such as
CentOS. But it is hard to install cabal-install after that.

Are there any reasons to not include cabal-install in GHC binary
packages?

GHC provides Cabal library. Why not cabal-install?

--Kazu

Kazu,

I can't provide any guidance on what GHC might do, but I can from what other distributions have done. On both my Debian and Gentoo systems, there is a cabal-install package that is as easy to install as ghc. Perhaps CentOS could provide a similar package. I see that Fedora has a cabal-install package as well. Perhaps that could be added to epel or you could build it yourself for CentOS.

Best,
Jack