On 12/31/15 01:30 PM, Ben Gamari wrote:
Karel Gardas <karel.gar...@centrum.cz> writes:

Hi Alain,

I guess you are hit by well known issue in GCC's CPP on Solaris. Just
verify here:

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2014-08/msg00114.html

solution in this case is simple: use configure option to set different
non buggy CPP as a CPP for GHC.

Please let me know if this is the culprit,

Perhaps we should add an autoconf check to preempt this issue and point
affected users in the direction of a solution?

Hmm, I tried that with https://phabricator.haskell.org/D151 -- but perhaps some nice warning emitted during configure time in case of undetected GCC 3.4.3 on Solaris will help here? This will also need to be done in bindist configure thought.

Alain, would you do that? I'm asking since you've been hit by this recently...

Karel