Indeed.  Perhaps more importantly: many long standing problems, relating to
how ghci linking works on every major platform, and having win64 support,
look to be resolved In 7.8.  These are HUGE. Additionally the Cpp that's a
bother on osx and bsd systems matter goes away for HP if the next release
is using 7.8 (especially if a wee patch I wrote to kill the problem good
this week gets merged in. )