Matthew Pickering <matthewtpicker...@gmail.com> writes:

> I added the wiki page now:
> https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/InGhci
>
> Do you mean just adding the .ghci file? It seems that this might be
> something that would be good to add to hadrian so that it can control
> the locations of the object files rather than splurging them over the
> build tree.

Just adding the .ghci file is a start. However, ideally it would be
something that will be more resistant to bitrotting that we might even
be able to test. For instance, a shell script or build system rule that
can generate the .ghci file from GHC's cabal file and launch ghc
--interactive.

We could then test this during CI as I think there is enough interest in
this workflow that we should really try to support it.

Cheers,

- Ben