>is there any plan to get rid of all those panics?

There are two sorts of panics related to TTG: the ones due to #15247
(i.e. unused extension constructors), and the ones due to #15884 (i.e.
issues with view patterns).

About the former, I believe we all agree. Moreover, using Solution A
discussed above, there will be way less unused extension constructors
anyway: HsSyn types will use their extension constructors for the
location wrapper constructor.
About the latter, until #15247 is fixed, we can do rewrites as Ryan
suggests. Hopefully, there will also be less of such panics around
after making the code idiomatic to match Solution A discussed above.

/Shayan